Le Vian chocolate diamond poor quality product

I purchase this ring and within 3 months found it had chipped, I returned to Earnest Jones where I was told the ring would need to sent off to their repair centre to be assessed as to if this was due to a bang as in her opinion "I hadn't been careful as they are precious stones and not for everyday wearing" which I found odd as this ring is commonly purchased as an engagement ring at a very pricey cost of £2000 to be worn all the time.Of course it came back as my fault since I believe if there was a hairline crack in it would easily chip.

The ring was then sent away to Le Vian for a further 8 weeks and cost assessed at £211 for repair which I was expected to pay. during this time I had e-mailed Le Vian questioning their life time guarantee and the quality of the product and its fit for purpose since I wore it on my right hand and I am left handed I could only assume I was as carful as could be to which I didn't receive acknowledgment never mind a reply. I was told the ring was not covered under the supposedly life time cover and should have purchased the stores own accidental damage which I was advised not to purchase by the Earnest Jones sales advisor due to the life time cover provided by Le Vian.

I asked them to return the ring without repair as their customer service was none existent and that I would take it to a proper jewellers that I could trust.I would not recommend nor would I buy any of their products again, pretty but way over priced junk.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Beautiful products but poor quality
    • Beautiful product to look at
  • What I disliked
    • Very poor quality

Reason of review:
poor customer service, bad quality, defective & warrany issue
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Le Vians Chocolate Diamonds Ring
Review category
Luxury / Jewelry
review #774481 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Le Vian? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.