England, United Kingdom

I purchase this ring and within 3 months found it had chipped, I returned to Earnest Jones where I was told the ring would need to sent off to their repair centre to be assessed as to if this was due to a bang as in her opinion "I hadn't been careful as they are precious stones and not for everyday wearing" which I found odd as this ring is commonly purchased as an engagement ring at a very pricey cost of £2000 to be worn all the time. Of course it came back as my fault since I believe if there was a hairline crack in it would easily chip.

The ring was then sent away to Le Vian for a further 8 weeks and cost assessed at £211 for repair which I was expected to pay. during this time I had e-mailed Le Vian questioning their life time guarantee and the quality of the product and its fit for purpose since I wore it on my right hand and I am left handed I could only assume I was as carful as could be to which I didn't receive acknowledgment never mind a reply. I was told the ring was not covered under the supposedly life time cover and should have purchased the stores own accidental damage which I was advised not to purchase by the Earnest Jones sales advisor due to the life time cover provided by Le Vian.

I asked them to return the ring without repair as their customer service was none existent and that I would take it to a proper jewellers that I could trust. I would not recommend nor would I buy any of their products again, pretty but way over priced junk.

Product or Service Mentioned: Le Vian Ring.

Reason of review: poor customer service, bad quality, defective & warrany issue.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Le Vian Pros: Beautiful product to look at.

Le Vian Cons: Very poor quality.

Comments